To enhance student’s STEM skills and prepare them for future careers, STEM Sports® provides turnkey K-8 supplemental curriculum
We deliver standards-aligned modules using Basketball, Football, Golf, Soccer, Volleyball and BMX and others as the real-life application to drive STEM-based, hands-on learning in classrooms, after-school programs, and camps around the U.S. and in international markets.
What We Provide
- Content for a minimum of 16 hours of instruction that includes some healthy, physical activity.
- Each curriculum has eight lessons aligned with the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and/or Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and/or National Standard for K-12 Physical Education.
- Differentiation: lessons for 3rd to 5th graders and lessons for 6th to 8th grade students.
- “Capstone” Project (6th to 8th) to commensurate student’s knowledge of each curriculum.
- Ready-to-use worksheets that align with each lesson and standards
- Turnkey kits come equipped with all of the relevant sports equipment along with the necessary science supplies.
- Through our 5E lesson plans, students will develop 21st-century skills such as critical thinking, collaboration, creative problem-solving, and leadership.
- Assessments in each lesson to effectively evaluate students.
- Each module has a list of STEM-based, sports-related jobs pertinent to the lesson concept.
- Well designed and scalable for teachers, administrators, or volunteers.
Who We Are
Our STEM Sports® team is committed to the educational enrichment of our youth. Through creative and strategic education and the fun of sports, students are engaged on entirely new levels and we cultivate participant’s STEM literacy, engagement, and retention.
STEM Sports® is dedicated to combining scientific learning and sports to help students develop critical thinking, collaboration, and creative problem-solving skills that can be applied throughout their lives and be applied not only to future occupations and jobs but for real-life everyday situations.
We create turnkey STEM programs rooted in sports, including but not limited to BMX, basketball, football, golf, soccer, and volleyball. STEM Sports® has been implemented in over 350 school districts nationwide to thousands of K-8 students. Our curriculum is in 46 states and is also offered internationally.
The Numbers in STEM Education
Of the 20 fastest-growing careers, 15 of them require a background in math or science
Out of 100 STEM jobs, 93 percent of them pay above the national average
2020 USA National Counting BeeTM
The Counting Bee TM is a STEM competition open for K-12 students at all public, private, charter, and home schools in the United States. We look forward to celebrating the fastest mathletes in each age group!
The contest is designed to encourage the teaching of mental math exercises in a classroom, spark student's interest in number patterns and arithmetic, and increase awareness of numeracy.
What Our Great Customers Have To Say
My students had the opportunity to participate in the Soccer STEM program. I have spent two years with most of these students and this experience was the first time I have seen them truly invested and engaged in the learning process. My classroom became student centered, where they were controlling the discussions, and inquiry that followed the modules, not me.
Haley Mercy, Mesquite Junior High School
The students had an amazing time and were still talking about the STEM Basketball program as they exited campus! You are allowing students to experience excitement in learning, and it is so encouraging! Thanks again!
Amy Rosengren, 6th Grade Science Teacher
Our eighth-grade Chief Science Officer jumped at the opportunity to bring the curriculum to the students at Villa De Paz Elementary School. We honed in on fourth-grade students and had an overwhelming response. The curriculum is so much fun! The fourth-grade students absolutely love it. They are practicing STEM without even knowing it!
Teacher Kelly Petross
The STEM Sports programs make a great connection for the kids. You can tell students about addition or subtraction but once you start giving them something they can attach to, that they care about, like sports, then they really get into it.
Teacher Matthew Poland